I’m slightly ashamed to admit that I haven’t managed to get out volunteering at all over this last month!
Some of it’s down to having new shifts at work but I have also been gallivanting all round the country it feels like with some trips down to Hampshire and Dorset for various reasons. Fingers crossed I’ll be out with the group on Wednesday! I can’ wait; I’ve missed it so much.
In the mean time here’s a little of what I’ve been up to:
- I made it into a photo in the recent Staffordhire Wildlife Trust newsletter
- I’ve been going down to Hampshire to visit my boyfriend and been making friends with some of the animals he works with.
- I’ve also been enjoying the autumn views
- I’ve been doing some more experimenting with drawings and colours
(in hind sight I realised I didn’t choose the best background colour for the Blue and Great Tit)
- I visited Dorset for a selection day for a traineeship programme
- I’ve been getting ready for christmas by writing a piece for A Focus on Nature’s Advent Calender of British Wildlife
So even though I haven’t been out volunteering I’ve still been pretty busy. Fingers crossed I’ll be out this week at a new nature reserve so will have something to write about then!